WELCOME TO THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR!
Please make sure your child updates their Active Directory password. Directions are below.We are excited to welcome our students and families back to the 2020-2021 school year. Please see important information below related to your student's educational experience for the Fall of 2020.Learning resumes on Wednesday, August 19th and students should:
- Report to school by going to http://sso.browardschools.com.
- Report to your classroom by clicking on the Canvas tile on your dashboard.
- You will find directions, including when your teacher will be on-line in Teams.
Directions on How to Get to School
- Directions on How to Get to School
- Directions on How to Get to School Spanish
- Directions on How to Get to School Haitian-Creole
- Directions on How to Get to School Portuguese
Eight Steps to eLearning: Student Guide
- Eight Steps to eLearning: Student Guide
- Eight Steps to eLearning: Student Guide Spanish
- Eight Steps to eLearning: Student Guide Haitian-Creole
- Eight Steps to eLearning: Student Guide Portuguese
- Downloading Teams
- Downloading Teams Spanish
- Downloading Teams Haitian-Creole
- Downloading Teams Portuguese
Downloading Microsoft Office365
- Downloading Microsoft Office
- Downloading Microsoft Office Spanish
- Downloading Microsoft Office Haitian-Creole
- Downloading Microsoft Office Portuguese
Updates on numerous other academic topics, including significant details by grade band, support program, and parent support are at BCPS Learning Never Closes.Parents of Elementary School Students (Grades PK-5) should access the Supporting Young Learners website at http://bit.ly/SupportingYoungLearners. You will find guidance and resources related to English Language Arts/Literacy, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Social Emotional Learning to help ensure your child continues to be successful in school.
Updated Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 8:00 AM
The Elementary Learning Department is committed to supporting schools in providing rigorous, high-quality instruction to ALL students focused on deliberate and relevant teaching, learning, and student engagement, resulting in high impact teaching and globally competitive students. The Department houses the English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies content areas. We assist teachers with the following:
- Providing and facilitating high quality teaching and learning experiences based on standards, including WIDA and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Standards
- Building professional expertise and capacity to plan and implement high quality instruction
- Using data to inform instruction, including the selection of appropriate and relevant instructional materials
In order to provide ALL students with high-quality, differentiated instruction that targets their unique needs, the Elementary Learning Department focuses on the following services to support teachers in personalizing their instruction for students:
- Environmental Considerations and Changes
- Grade Level Florida Standards Implementation
- Deliberate Planning of Curriculum and Instruction
- Using Data to Drive Deliberate Practices and Instruction
- Professional Learning in Language Arts (reading, writing, speaking & listening, language, and foundational skills), Social Studies, Math, and Science
- Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science Content
- Student and Teacher Resources for Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science
- Instructional Materials and Resources in both print and digital formats.
- Focused units of study and resources aligned to appropriate Depths of Knowledge (DOK) based on grade level and content area.
- School based Professional Development opportunities to support teaching and learning.
- Florida Standards content knowledge
- Florida Standards-aligned Performance Tasks
- Research based instructional strategies and best practices to effectively deliver Florida Standards