Emergency Management Overview
Broward County Public Schools’ Emergency Management Department collaborates with district-wide stakeholders, its partners, and the community to establish a framework to prepare for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate the impact of all emergencies. Emergency Management takes an all-hazards approach to ensure education takes place in a safe and supportive environment.
A Safer, Prepared, and Resilient School District.
- Identify and assist in the mitigation of all hazards.
- Maintain a continuous cycle of planning, training, organizing, exercising, evaluating, and taking corrective action to ensure effective preparedness for all incidents.
- Establish a training program that develops and maintains necessary emergency management skills, including conducting exercises and offering preparedness training to faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Conduct effective, unified incident response operations by maximizing interdepartmental communication, information sharing, and preparedness efforts; and implementing initiatives to ensure a stable, strategic response to any incident.
- Serve as the guidance for the coordination of liaison activities between local, state, and federal government in response and recovery efforts.