COVID-19 Update Monday, June 22, 2020, 3:00 PM
June 22, 2020: Have fun on our Summer Digital Learnng Playground! Take a virtual vacation to the Dry Tortugas or the Statue of Liberty. Check it out at https://bit.ly/ElemDigitalPlay.
May 11, 2020: Information is forthcoming on the Summer Digital Learning Playground for students in grades K-5 as well as Third Grade Summer Academy.
March 30 - April 3: BCPS Distance Learning begins online through the student's SSO/Clever Launchpad.
March 20 - March 27: BCPS is on Spring Break.
March 16 - March 19: BCPS is closed to promote physical distancing due to the presence of novel Coronavirus in Broward County.Learning resumes on Monday, March 30 and students should:
It is strongly advised that all students, teachers, and parents prepare for an extended period of on-line learning. Updates on numerous other academic topics, including significant details by grade band, support program, and parent support are at BCPS Learning Never Closes.Parents of Elementary School Students (Grades PK-5) should access the Supporting Young Learners website at http://bit.ly/SupportingYoungLearners. YOu will find guidance and resources related to English Language Arts/Literacy, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Social Emotional Learning to help ensure your child continues to be successful in school.
- Report to school by going to http://sso.browardschools.com.
- Report to your classroom by clicking on the Canvas tile on your dashboard.
- You will find directions, including when your teacher will be on-line, in your “Canvas Classroom”.
- Elementary students will find a separate Canvas course for their specials.
- Middle & High School students will find a separate Canvas course for each class.
Go to Broward Schools Coronavirus for Updates on All Topics.
The Elementary Learning Department is committed to supporting schools in providing rigorous, high-quality instruction to ALL students focused on deliberate and relevant teaching, learning, and student engagement, resulting in high impact teaching and globally competitive students. The Department houses the English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies content areas. We assist teachers with the following:
- Providing and facilitating high quality teaching and learning experiences based on standards, including WIDA and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Standards
- Building professional expertise and capacity to plan and implement high quality instruction
- Using data to inform instruction, including the selection of appropriate and relevant instructional materials
In order to provide ALL students with high-quality, differentiated instruction that targets their unique needs, the Elementary Learning Department focuses on the following services to support teachers in personalizing their instruction for students:
- Environmental Considerations and Changes
- Grade Level Florida Standards Implementation
- Deliberate Planning of Curriculum and Instruction
- Using Data to Drive Deliberate Practices and Instruction
- Professional Learning in Language Arts (reading, writing, speaking & listening, language, and foundational skills), Social Studies, Math, and Science
- Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science Content
- Student and Teacher Resources for Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science
- Instructional Materials and Resources in both print and digital formats.
- Focused units of study and resources aligned to appropriate Depths of Knowledge (DOK) based on grade level and content area.
- School based Professional Development opportunities to support teaching and learning.
- Florida Standards content knowledge
- Florida Standards-aligned Performance Tasks
- Research based instructional strategies and best practices to effectively deliver Florida Standards