CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Updates & Information
BCPS REQUESTS URGENT SUPPORT FOR THE FAMILIES FIRST FOOD AND NUTRITION FUND TO RAISE $800,000 BY JUNE 30, 2020.
This campaign has been established to help mitigate the unexpected costs of providing expanded meal services to students and families in the wake of school closures. We invite you to join the United Way of Broward County, Miami Dolphins, Feeding South Florida, JetBlue Foundation, The Jim Moran Foundation, and other community partners who have generously supported our efforts and become one of our growing list of valued corporate and foundation supporters and partners. Your generous donation will ensure that in this crisis we help those with the greatest need.
For the latest BCPS updates regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit Browardschools.com/coronavirus
The mission of the Grants Administration (GA) Department is to maximize resources available to the District to improve educational services and to ensure accountability in the use of those resources.
- Disseminating grant funding opportunities from local, state, federal, and private sources to schools and District departments;
- Providing technical assistance, proposal review, editing, budget development, and writing assistance;
- Coordinating inter-departmental grant proposal development;
- Submitting proposals to funding agencies on behalf of schools and District departments (including preparing forms, acquiring signatures, and obtaining School Board approval);
- Providing results-driven training to schools and District departments in grant proposal development and District grant processes;
- Maintaining a database of all grant proposals submitted and funded in the District;
- Producing various reports and publications for the School Board, the District, Innovation Zones, and schools;
- Reviewing all grant Board agenda items;
- Assisting with budget amendments, program amendments, and no-cost extensions as requested by grant managers;
- Assisting with development/submittal of grant program performance reports to funding agencies as requested by grant managers; and
- Serving as an advocate for grant managers in identifying and resolving issues that impact grant program implementation in the District.
With a focus on diversification of funding sources, student achievement, and strategic plan alignment; the Grants Administration department uses a collaborative team approach to provide high level customer service to schools and District departments in support of their grant seeking efforts.