The mission of the Grants Administration (GA) Department is to maximize resources available to the District to improve educational services and to ensure accountability in the use of those resources.
- Disseminating grant funding opportunities from local, state, federal, and private sources to schools and District departments;
- Providing technical assistance, proposal review, editing, budget development, and writing assistance;
- Coordinating inter-departmental grant proposal development;
- Submitting proposals to funding agencies on behalf of schools and District departments (including preparing forms, acquiring signatures, and obtaining School Board approval);
- Providing results-driven training to schools and District departments in grant proposal development and District grant processes;
- Maintaining a database of all grant proposals submitted and funded in the District;
- Producing various reports and publications for the School Board, the District, Innovation Zones, and schools;
- Reviewing all grant Board agenda items;
- Assisting with budget amendments, program amendments, and no-cost extensions as requested by grant managers;
- Assisting with development/submittal of grant program performance reports to funding agencies as requested by grant managers; and
- Serving as an advocate for grant managers in identifying and resolving issues that impact grant program implementation in the District.
With a focus on diversification of funding sources, student achievement, and strategic plan alignment; the Grants Administration department uses a collaborative team approach to provide high level customer service to schools and District departments in support of their grant seeking efforts.