Office of Academics
The Office of Academics (OoA) works to design, support, and monitor the educational vision articulated by the Broward County community.
We are committed to educating all students and staff to reach their highest potential and ensure readiness for a lifetime of self-sufficency and community engagement. The Office of Academics works in close collaboration with the Office of School Performance & Accountability and Office of Student Support Inititiatives.To fulfill the BCPS Strategic Plan initiatives of high quality instruction, continous improvement and effective communication, the OoA works with schools to:
The Office of Academics sets very high standards for each school year. All Academic Departments collaborate to ensure we are educating today’s students and staff to succeed in tomorrow’s world.Please visit any of our Divisions and Departments below to learn more about the excellent services our District has to offer.
- Improve educator practice through focused & authentic Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- Meet the individual needs of each student with an embedded high quality Response to Interventions (RtI) process through a Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS)
- Cultivate and nurture relationships, partnerships and opportunities for students, educators, families and community partners
- Scale Up BEST (Beyond Expected Student Targets) Practices
- Provide an exemplar curriculum, instructional materials, professional development, and a K-12 Educator Toolkit