The Leadership Development Department strives to provide individualized and meaningful professional learning and support for all school leaders and aspiring leaders through the leadership pipeline programs. Our pipeline programs consist of the following:
- Leadership Experiences and Administrative Development (LEAD)- an intensive one-year developmental program for teachers demonstrating leadership skills and aspiring to be school-based Administrators.
- Principal Rapid Orientation and Preparation in Educational Leadership (PROPEL)- an accelerated master’s level program that is a partnership with Florida Atlantic University for teachers demonstrating leadership skills and aspiring to be school-based Administrators.
- First Year Assistant Principal Program (FYAP)- a one to two-year program to support and mentor newly appointed Assistant Principals.
- Principal Preparation Program (PPP)- a one-year intensive program to develop aspiring school Principals with at least three years of successful Assistant Principal experience.
- First Year Principal Program (FYP)- a one-year program to support and mentor newly appointed Principals focused on leadership in the context of their schools.
- Second and Third Year Principal Program (STYP) a two-year program to support and mentor novice Principals focused on leadership in the context of their schools.
- Intern Director Program- a one-year field experience at the district level intended to enhance knowledge and skills needed to be a principal supervisor and/or district level leader
Want to receive our Twitter updates but don't have a Twitter account? If you have the ability to receive text messages, you can receive our Twitter feed via text! Just text Follow@LeadershipOTD to 40404. You will then receive our Twitter updates as a text message. Please remember, text messaging rates may apply and if you do NOT have unlimited texts messaging plan, you may incur a charge.