The Leadership Development Department strives to provide individualized and meaningful professional learning and support for all school leaders and aspiring leaders through the leadership pipeline programs. Our pipeline programs consist of the following:
- Leadership Experiences and Administrative Development (LEAD) - an intensive one-year developmental program for teachers demonstrating leadership skills and aspiring to be school-based Administrators.
23/24 LEAD Program Information session - Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 5:00 PM on Teams
Application Deadline - Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 5:00 PM
- Principal Rapid Orientation and Preparation in Educational Leadership (PROPEL) - an accelerated master’s level program that is a partnership with Florida Atlantic University for teachers demonstrating leadership skills and aspiring to be school-based Administrators.
- First Year Assistant Principal Program (FYAP) - a one to two-year program to support and mentor newly appointed Assistant Principals.
- Principal Preparation Program (PPP) - a one-year intensive program to develop aspiring school Principals with at least three years of successful Assistant Principal experience.
2023/2024 Principal Preparation Program Information Session
Application Deadline - Friday, February 3, 2023
- First Year Principal Program (FYP) - a one-year program to support and mentor newly appointed Principals focused on leadership in the context of their schools.
- Second Year Principal Program (SYP) - a program to support and mentor Principals, Assistant Principals and District Leaders focused on Leadership in the context of their own specific locations.
- Broward Internship Director Program - a one-year field experience at the district level intended to enhance knowledge and skills needed to be a principal supervisor and/or district level leader.
- District Leadership Preparation Program (DLPP) - a program to enhance the knowledge and skills of current district level employees who aspire to advance in their positions by providing continuing development opportunities in alignment with the District's Strategic Plan.
2023/2024 District Leadership Preparation Program Information Session
Tuesday, February 7, 2023 on Teams - 3:00 PM on Teams (see program page for details)
Application Deadline - Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 5:00 PM
- District Leadership Support Program (DLSP) - a program to provide coaching and support to newly appointed District Leaders to ensure they have the essentials to serve the entire school system effectively.
Follow us @BCPSLeadership on Twitter. Want to receive our Twitter updates but don't have a Twitter account? If you have the ability to receive text messages, you can receive our Twitter feed via text! Just text Follow@BCPSLeadership to 40404. You will then receive our Twitter updates as a text message. Please remember, text messaging rates may apply and if you do NOT have unlimited texts messaging plan, you may incur a charge.
3531 Davie Road
Davie, Florida 33314