The Student Transportation and Fleet Services Department is committed to the safe and efficient transportation of all Broward County Public Schools' bus riders in compliance with federal, state and local guidelines. This department consists of District Transportation Operations supporting its five Transportation Terminals located throughout Broward County, Florida, as well as Vehicle Maintenance.
- North Transportation (Routes 1000-1999) 754-321-4000
- Central Transportation (Routes 2000-2999) 754-321-4480
- South Transportation (Routes 3000-3999) 754-321-4100
- Central West Transportation (Routes 4000-4999) 754-321-4150
- South West Transportation (Routes 5000-5999) 754-321-8025
There are just under 1,000 school buses used by Broward District Schools on daily routes, transporting more than 73,000 students to and from school, and driving more than 16 million miles to 234 locations. This department collaborates with all schools to communicate transportation information to students and parents.
Broward School Board Policy 5300 allows for a student otherwise not eligible for transportation to ride if there is a seat available on route (s) that serve the school. After October 1 of each school year “Empty Seat Applications” are processed through the student’s school of attendance.
- Students should arrive at the assigned bus stop at least ten (10) minutes before the published bus stop time.
- Students that are nine (9) years of age or younger should be escorted to the bus stop by a responsible adult. Parents/Guardians should assure that students dress appropriately for the weather, rain gear for inclement conditions, proper footwear for walking to and from and waiting at the bus stop.
- The bus stop and the school bus are considered an extension of the classroom and students are expected to observe the same code of discipline expected in the school classroom.
- Students are not allowed to eat, drink or chew gum while on the school bus.
- Students are expected to abide by the school bus operator's instructions while boarding the bus, on the bus and when departing the bus, at the bus stop or school location.