Office of Academics
The Office of Academics (OoA) works to design, support, and monitor the educational vision articulated by the Broward County community.
We are committed to educating all students and staff to reach their highest potential and ensure readiness for a lifetime of self-sufficiency and community engagement. The Office of Academics (OoA) works in close collaboration with the Office of School Performance & Accountability and the Office of Student Support Initiatives & Recovery to design and deliver high-quality instruction as a component of holistic developmental program for each student at each school in our diverse set of schools, innovative programs and school choice models.The 2021-22 school year will have all students return to their school to receive instruction. The Innovative Learning model, having students attend class through Microsoft Teams, which was offered last year was offered under a State of Florida Department of Education Emergency Order which has not been renewed. There are only two exceptions 1) Students under quarantine can receive remote instruction while quarantined, and students who have Hospital/Homebound in their Individualized Education Plan.To fulfill the BCPS Strategic Plan initiatives of high quality instruction, continuous improvement and effective communication, the OoA works with schools to:
Each of the Office of Academic Departments collaborate with schools, parents, and community members to ensure we are educating today’s students, and staff, to succeed in tomorrow’s world.> Updated Sunday, November 28, 2021, 6:39:30 PM <Please visit any of our Divisions and Departments below to learn more about the excellent services our District has to offer.
- Provide a curriculum which provides an exemplar roadmap of student learning for Kindergarten through Twelfth grade;
- Ensure that all Florida Statute and School Board Policy mandated instruction is delivered;
- Promote healthy student development through a broad range of experiences, knowledge acquisition, wisdom seeking, student expression and comprehensive wellness;
- Create, curate, and, when necessary, procure instructional materials which support teaching and learning;
- Support and improve educator practice through focused professional development and authentic Professional Learning Communities (PLCs);
- Meet the individual needs of each student with a combination of personalized learning pathway and embedded Response to Intervention (RtI) process through a Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS);
- Conduct and partner with external entities to conduct research on effective learning supports;
- Cultivate and nurture relationships, partnerships and opportunities for students, educators, families and community partners.