Welcome to the Literacy Department
Broward County Public Schools is committed to nurturing and developing a strong literacy foundation for all students in the early school years by implementing a Balanced, Responsive Literacy Instructional Framework that will prepare students to become independent readers and writers.
The battle for quality education is the social justice cause of our time. If you believe that every child has the right to a quality education, then there is no more important work than providing the right leadership to dramatically transform public education in this country. Literacy is key to that transformation, and when it is developed early, with a focus on the whole child, it has dramatic impact on life long future success.
BCPS Open a World Of Possible Give the Gift
Literacy Department Online Learning
COVID-19 Update-Virtual Learning Starts on March 30:
- Students are to report to virtual school by going to http://sso.browardschools.com.
- Students are to report to their virtual classroom(s) by clicking on the Canvas tile on their dashboard.
- Students will find directions, including when their teacher(s) will be on-line, in their “Canvas Classroom”.
- Elementary students will find a separate Canvas course for their specials.
- Middle & High School students will find a separate Canvas course for each class.
It is strongly advised that all students, teachers, and parents prepare for an extended period of on-line learning. Updates on numerous other academic topics, including significant details by grade band, support program, and parent support are at BCPS Learning Never Closes.
Access this link for a message from our Chief Academic Officer: Dan Gohl on Learning Never Closes
Go to BCPS Coronavirus for Important Updates and Information.