Installing Microsoft Office
It’s easy to download the full version of Microsoft Office. Below are step-by-step instructions, however, there are a few things you need to know before getting started.
First, the Microsoft Office license is tied to Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) Active Directory accounts for students. Your BCPS Active Directory username is your Florida Student Identification number - the same number you use to log onto Virtual Counselor and Gradebook. If you are unsure of your username, please contact your school to get this information.
When logging into Microsoft Office 365, using the link below, you will need to add @my.browardschools.com to your username. (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
In addition to your username, you will be asked for a password. Your password will be a P followed by your birthday - PMM/DD/YYYY where MM is your 2 digit month of your birth, DD is the date of your birth, and YYYY is your 4 digit birth year. For example, if your birthday is June 8, 1998, your password would be P06/08/1998.
If you see the following error message:
"Incorrect user ID or password. Type the correct user ID and password, and try again."
Please speak to your teacher to confirm you have the right username and have your password reset if necessary.
When you return to your school, you are advised to change your default password to a unique password. This can be done by going to https://pass.browardschools.com. Note - this cannot be done from home and must be done at your school.
If you already have Microsoft Office, downloading and installing the new applications will overwrite any previous versions.
By clicking on the link below, you will be redirected to the Microsoft Office 365 login page to begin the installation. To help you navigate this process, we have included step-by-step instructions beneath the link.
2. On the Office 365 Login page, enter your Broward Schools Active Directory username followed by @my.browardschools.com in the name text box.
3. You will be redirected to our Broward County Public Schools login page. Enter your Active Directory password and click the Sign in button.
4. The page will show which software titles are available to be installed depending on your computer’s Operating System.
5. Click the Install button under the Microsoft Install image at the lower left.
6. Choose Run
7. The installation of the software will now begin.
8. The installation will continue in the background until the software has been fully installed. This may take a few minutes, however, do not go offline or restart your computer until the installation is complete.
9. When your install is finished when you see the phrase, "You're all set! Office is installed now". Select Close
10. Follow the instructions in the window to find your Office apps. For example depending on your version of Windows, select Start and then scroll to find the app you want to open such as Excel or Word, or type the name of the app in the search box.
11. At the Sign in prompt, enter your email@example.com, and click Next.
12. Follow the remaining prompts and when complete you can begin to use the Office products.
For Mac Users (please follow the Windows instructions 1 - 5), then continue with #6 below.
6. Clicking the install button will download the installer. Once the download completes, double-click the Microsoft Office 2011.dmg file and run the installer.
7. After you have completed the install process, open an Office application, such as Word and you will be presented with the Get Started with Office 2011 screen. Select Sign in to an existing Office 365 Subscription.
8. Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org, click Next.
9. If you are prompted to choose the Microsoft account or Organizational account, choose Organizational Account.
10. Enter your password and click Sign In. Your Mac may prompt you that "Microsoft Office Setup Assistant would like to access your contacts." click Ok.
11. Personalize your copy of office and select your preferred setting for updates and click Continue.
12. After setup runs, you may be prompted with the Getting Started screen again. Quit the application and re-open to start using Office.