Emergency Management Overview
Broward County Public Schools’ Emergency Management Department collaborates with district-wide stakeholders, its partners, and the community to establish a framework to prepare for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate the impact of all emergencies. Emergency Management takes an all-hazards approach to ensure education takes place in a safe and supportive environment.
A Safer, Prepared, and Resilient School District.
- Identify and assist in the mitigation of all hazards.
- Maintain a continuous cycle of planning, training, organizing, exercising, evaluating, and taking corrective action to ensure effective preparedness for all incidents.
- Establish a training program that develops and maintains necessary emergency management skills, including conducting exercises and offering preparedness training to faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Conduct effective, unified incident response operations by maximizing interdepartmental communication, information sharing, and preparedness efforts; and implementing initiatives to ensure a stable, strategic response to any incident.
- Serve as the guidance for the coordination of liaison activities between local, state, and federal government in response and recovery efforts.
600 SE Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
Task Assigned Manager of Emergency Management