Kindergarten Registration Information
Broward County Public Schools Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten children must be 5 years old on or before September 1. To register your child for our Broward County Public Schools (BCPS), please complete the steps below*:
Step 1. Locate your Child’s School: Students are assigned to a school based on their primary residential address or can apply for other school choice options during application windows.
To identify your child’s assigned school, visit: www.browardschools.com/school-locator.
For more information about School Choice, visit: browardschools.com/schoolchoice.
Step 2. Download and complete the BCPS School Registration Form:
Step 3. Bring your registration form and the documents below to complete your child's registration.
Mandatory Health and Registration Documents: BCPS Registration Checklist
- School Registration Form
- Original (up-to-date) Florida Certificate of Immunization (DH Form 680)
- Physical Exam Form (within last year)
- Proof of Age (child’s ORIGINAL birth certificate passport, or other listed proof)
- Parent/Guardian photo identification
- Proof of Guardianship (if applicable)
- Proof of Broward County Residence (Please see list of acceptable proof of residence documents below)
Note: If you share the housing of another person who owns/rents the home, both the registering parent and owner/renter of the residence complete a notarized Affidavit of Shared Residence Form English|Spanish|Haitian/Creole|Portuguese. If you OWN or RENT your residence: Submit one document from both columns A and B:
COLUMN A COLUMN B
- Property tax bill
- Homestead exemption card
- Mortgage statement
- Home purchase contract
- Notarized lease agreement
- Utility bill (i.e., electric, water, waste)
- Telephone or cellular phone bill
- Verification of Tenancy letter from the homeowners or condominium association
- Declaration of Domicile Form from the County Records Department
- Florida drivers license
- Florida identification card
- Automobile registration
- Automobile insurance
- Credit card statement
- Two consecutive bank account statements
- U.S. Postal Service confirmation of address change request
*PLEASE NOTE: If your child is currently in a PreK ESE program within Broward County Public Schools, contact your current school's ESE Specialist for information about matriculation and Kindergarten transition.