Office of Academics
Welcome to the 2020-21 School Year! As a reminder, students should:
It is strongly advised that all students, teachers, and parents prepare for an extended period of on-line learning. Updates on numerous other academic topics, including significant details by grade band, support program, and parent support are at BCPS Learning Never Closes.The Office of Academics (OoA) works to design, support, and monitor the educational vision articulated by the Broward County community.
- Report to school by going to http://sso.browardschools.com
- Report to your classroom by clicking on the Canvas tile on your dashboard
- You will find directions, including links to schedule of live interactive Microsoft Teams sessions, in your “Canvas Classroom”
- Elementary students will find a separate Canvas course for their specials
- Middle & High School students will find a separate Canvas course for each class
We are committed to educating all students and staff to reach their highest potential and ensure readiness for a lifetime of self-sufficiency and community engagement. The Office of Academics (OoA) works in close collaboration with the Office of School Performance & Accountability, Office of Portfolio Services and Office of Student Support Initiatives & Recovery to design and deliver high-quality instruction in a diverse set of programs and school models.To fulfill the BCPS Strategic Plan initiatives of high quality instruction, continuous improvement and effective communication, the OoA works with schools to:
Each of the Office of Academic Departments collaborate with schools, parents, and community members to ensure we are educating today’s students, and staff, to succeed in tomorrow’s world.> Updated Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 7:06:04 PM <Please visit any of our Divisions and Departments below to learn more about the excellent services our District has to offer.
- Provide a curriculum which provides an exemplar roadmap of student learning for Kindergarten through Twelfth grade;
- Ensure that all Florida Statute and School Board Policy mandated instruction is delivered;
- Promote healthy student development through a broad range of experiences, knowledge acquisition, wisdom seeking, student expression and comprehensive wellness;
- Create, curate, and, when necessary, procure instructional materials which support teaching and learning;
- Support and improve educator practice through focused professional development and authentic Professional Learning Communities (PLCs);
- Meet the individual needs of each student with a combination of personalized learning pathway and embedded Response to Intervention (RtI) process through a Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS);
- Conduct and partner with external entities to conduct research on effective learning supports;
- Cultivate and nurture relationships, partnerships and opportunities for students, educators, families and community partners.