**Application status will be available after April 30th
*2020-2021 Head Start/Early Head Start Pre-Application Open Now!
To apply for our Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) Head Start/Early Head Start program for the 2020-2021 school year, please do the following:
Step 1. Complete the online Pre-Application (new applicants only)
Step 2. Click here to schedule an appointment for your in-person interview
Step 3. Please make sure to bring all required documents to your interview
2020-2021 Head Start Application Flyers
*2020-2021 VPK Application Open Now!
To apply for a Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) VPK program for the 2020-2021 school year, please do the following:
Step 1. Apply for your child’s VPK Certificate of Eligibility online via the State of Florida - Family Portal website.
Step 2. Create an account on the BCPS – VPK Parent Portal and create your child’s BCPS – VPK application.
Step 3. Log back into the BCPS – VPK Parent Portal to check the status of your application and see any needed documents or next steps.
For additional information, please see our BCPS - VPK Frequently Asked Questions.
2020-2021 VPK Application Flyers:
Head Start/Early Head Start - Application, Eligibility, Registration
- 2019-2020 Head Start/Early Head Start Application Information
- 2019-2020 Head Start/Early Head Start Registration Information (Accepted Students Only)
- 2019-2020 Head Start School Registration Forms *Click here for Spanish| Haitian/Creole| Portuguese (Accepted Students Only)
- 2019-2020 Head Start/Early Head Start Schools
- Map of 2019-2020 Head Start/Early Head Start Schools
- Head Start Eligibility
- Early Head Start Eligibility
- U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines
VPK - Application, Eligibility, Registration, Online Forms
- 2019-2020 VPK Registration Information (Selected and Eligible & Selected Students Only)
- 2019-2020 VPK School Registration Forms *Click here for Spanish| Haitian/Creole| Portuguese
- 2019-2020 VPK Application Information
- 2019-2020 VPK Consent Statements and Parent Questionnaire
- 2019-2020 VPK Attendance and Behavior Policy
- 2019-2020 VPK Certificate Upload
- 2019-2020 VPK Online Short Forms
- 2019-2020 VPK School Locations
- 2019-2020 VPK Online Pre-Application
- VPK Eligibility
Important Information about Entering Kindergarten after Head Start/Early Head Start & Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK)
Selection for a Head Start/Early Head Start & VPK/Enrichment program at a school does not guarantee placement for Kindergarten at the same school. If your child is selected or offered a seat in a Head Start/Early Head Start & VPK/Enrichment class that is not your boundary school, you must apply for and receive a reassignment in order for your child to attend Kindergarten at the same school. To learn about the reassignment process, please visit the School Choice website.