The Professional Development Standards & Support Department supports achievement of all students by providing effective professional learning opportunities that increase the effectiveness of instructional and non-instructional staff.
We aim to achieve this with the following Goals:
- To offer valuable, impactful, and relevant adult learning experiences that are aligned with Professional Learning Standards and result in improved student achievement.
- To develop the skills of the District’s PD providers and facilitators to engage in a continuous cycle of improvement to plan, implement, and evaluate professional learning.
- To collaborate with all District departments to provide a cohesive circle of support for school administrators and teachers to improve student achievement.
- To provide efficient and effective systems that support all employees in the pursuit of professional growth, creating a culture of continuous, lifelong learning.
- To support Professional Learning Communities with the resources, tools, and skills they need to authentically and effectively improve student achievement.
- To ensure effective evaluation that allows PD providers to measure and monitor the quality and fidelity of implementation, changes in teacher practice, and student outcomes.
Professional Development Specialists provide training, support and resources to establish authentic Professional Learning Communities. They assist Professional Learning Providers to develop Master Plans and Innovation Configurations, and facilitate the Professional Learning Coordinating Council, to ensure the quality of the activities offered to participants. (754-321-5055)
Professional Learning Analysts administer and support Broward Schools' professional learning management systems: Learning Across Borward (LAB), iObservation, SAP and Broward Virtual University (BVU). Analysts maintain all accounts and support users as they navigate through these systems. (754-321-5053)