Every parent wants their child to succeed in school but we know that sometimes it can be a challenge to parent a gifted child. Finding the appropriate activities, resources and materials to keep them interested can be time consuming. Gifted children need to be appropriately challenged so that they are engaged in their learning and continuously making progress regardless of what level they come in on.
Here we have some resources that can assist you in the identification, eligibility and planning process for your child. This information will help you support and advocate for your child every step of the way to ensure that their special abilities are met in the school setting.
Florida Department of Education/Technical Assistance Papers:
- Continued Eligibility for Gifted Students Transferring From Out-of-State
- Educational Plan Parent Handbook – Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019 Procedural Guide for Gifted Students
- Gifted Terminology
- Pre EP Meeting: Parent Feedback Form
- Pre EP Meeting: Gifted Student Feedback Form
- EdPlan Connect-Directions on how to access EASYIEP documents
Procedural Safeguards for Exceptional Students Who Are Gifted: