Provide a Service
Steps to Become a Service Provider (Vendor)
Step 1: Insurance Coverage
Contact Risk Management - Please provide Risk Management with your company name and email address. With BASCC in the subject line, address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What insurance do you need? As an SBBC vendor you are required to provide and maintain the following insurance while providing services to the SBBC:
- GENERAL LIABILITY - Limits shall not be less than $1,000,000 per occurrence for Bodily Injury/ Property Damage; $1,000,000 General
- AUTO LIABILITY - Owned, Non -Owned and Hired Auto Liability with Bodily Injury and Property Damage limits of not less than $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit
- WORKER’S COMPENSATION - Florida Statutory limits in accordance with Chapter 440; Employer’s Liability limits not less than $100,000/$100,000/$500,000 (each accident/disease- each employee /disease-policy limit)
Required Conditions - ACCEPTABILITY OF INSURANCE CARRIERS - The insurance policies shall be issued by companies qualified to do business in the State of Florida. The insurance companies must be rated at least A - VI by AM Best or Aa3 by Moody’s Investor Service.
THE FOLLOWING WORDING MUST BE INCLUDED ON THE CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE
- The School Board of Broward County, FL, its members, officers, employees and agents are added as additional insured.
- All liability policies are primary of all other valid and collectable coverage maintained by the School Board of Broward County, Florida.
- Certificate Holder: School Board of Broward County, c/o EXIGIS Risk Management Services, P. O. Box 4668/ -ECM, New York, New York 10163 -4668
Step 2: FieldPrint (Vendor Badge)
- Upon Receipt your Risk Management Approval Letter:
- Email email@example.com
- Request a "pin number"
- Include your:
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Approval date from "Risk Management"
- You will receive a "Pin Number" from FieldPrint within 5 -7 business days
- FieldPrint will provide you with the information on how to obtain a vendor badge
Step 3: Superintendent Screening Committee
- Approval of your literature to be placed in school offices is through the Superintendent Screening Committee
- Send any literature, brochure, flyer or tri-fold to firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-approval
- Any concerns or questions, you may call SSC office at 754-321-2300, fax documents to 754-321-2711, or navigate to the Superintendent's Screening Committee page
I am just starting a business, do I need the insurance required?
I used to have a vendor badge, but it expired, what do I do?
Follow the process to become a vendor
Who do I speak with in Risk Management?
Suet Cheung: 754 -321-1900
How do I add staff for badging?
They will use your vendor account