Application now Online – Before and After School Child Care (BASCC)
Broward County Public Schools has implemented a new fully integrated ON-LINE application system for Before and After School Child Care (BASCC). All candidates (previous and new) will need to complete the new online application to apply for a BASCC position. If you have previously applied you are required to reapply and resubmit (upload) all required documents for future positions.
ONE(1) REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Standard high school diploma from an accredited institution or satisfactory completion of an approved General Educational Development (GED) Testing Program. (Required for Child Care Monitor I, Child Care Monitor II, Certified Child Care Monitor, or Part Time School Age Child Care Supervisor)CPR/First Aid certification that was completed in person. Online certifications not accepted. (Required for Child Care Monitor II, Certified Child Care Monitor and Part-Time School Age Child Care Supervisors)
- CPR Certification Card (Required for Child Care Monitor II, Certified Child Care Monitor, Part-Time School Age Child Care Supervisor)
- Training Completion Documents (Required for Child Care Monitor II and Certified Child Care Monitor)
TWO (2) EMPLOYMENT REFERENCES
References must be from a person who can assess your ability, attest to your work ethic, or character. After your application is reviewed, additional references may be requested
PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY CREDENTIALS
Please have the following information available before you begin the on-line application:
- Current Resume
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Transcripts conferring degree(s) earned and credits completed. Your degree must be from an accredited university.
- If you obtained your degree outside the United States, you must have your degree evaluated for United States degree equivalency by an approved foreign credential evaluation agency. For additional information regarding foreign credential evaluation access the Florida Department of Education.
- Training certification – as applicable for position (BASCC Comprehensive Child Care Components Training, National or State Child Development Associate Credential (CDA), Florida Department of Children and Families (My Florida) three modules: Special Needs Appropriate Practices (SNP-10 hours), Understanding
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices (UDAP-5 hours) and School-Age Appropriate practices (SAP – 5 hours).
- Former employers’/principals’ names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and dates of employment.
- Volunteer experience and/or work experience and/or training working with school age children in a group supervision setting or in a school-based aftercare program, please review job descriptions for further clarification.
- DD Form 214 – if claiming Veteran’s Preference*
Per Florida Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for collecting and utilizing your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is a condition of employment at Broward County Public Schools. To protect your identification, Broward County Public Schools will secure your Social Security Number from unauthorized access, and strictly prohibit the release of your Social Security Number to unauthorized parties contrary to state and federal law.
Social Security numbers are collected for legitimate business purposes during the recruitment, selection and hiring process with Broward County Public Schools. Your Social Security Number will be used for completing and processing the following actions: Employment application for determining certification eligibility [1012.56 F.S.], Completion of federal I-9 form for the filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Completion of federal W-4 form for filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Florida Retirement Contribution Report [119.07(5)(a)6.b], and Conducting criminal background screening [1012.56 F.S.]. Your Social Security Number may be used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.