Value Added Services & Goals
The Department of Student Assessment and Research is dedicated to facilitating assessment and interpreting data for stakeholder decision making in support of a quality education for all students.
Value Added Services
- Support schools and the District with timely, actionable data, and analysis to guide instruction and district wide decision making.
- Provide efficient and secure administration, reporting, and training relative to existing and upcoming state and district mandated assessments.
- Develop and implement a robust district wide accountability system and continue to advance the relevance of external accountability measures.
- To ensure secure and accurate procedures for state and local assessments;
- To provide data in an accurate and expeditious manner for school and district use;
- To provide ongoing customer service, including, but not limited to, school staff inservice and clarification of State Board of Education rules and regulations;
- Procurement of appropriate data to aid the Superintendent and Administration in decision-making;
- Provision of information on contemporary educational issues;
- Development, selection, and utilization of appropriate assessment tools, including surveys, for the evaluation of district programs;
- Annual administration of customer surveys to students, parents, and teachers, including the production of school-by-school and districtwide reports;
- Design and execution of studies to evaluate processes and outcomes associated with educational programs and instructional strategies;
- Monitoring the collection and organization of longitudinal data to determine trends in student achievement and changes in demographics over time;
- Provision of assistance to schools and departments for interpretation of data and evaluation results;
- Reporting mandated data requests from the Florida Department of Education, U.S. Department of Education, and other requests from outside organizations and individuals;
- Evaluating proposed research collaborations with outside agencies and individuals engaging in research activities within the district.