(Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF)
The Facility Planning section is responsible for developing the Educational Specifications for Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) educational facilities, the generation/update of the Florida State required Five-Year Educational Plant Survey, conducting spot surveys to amend the Five-Year Educational Plant Survey, coordinating the review and disposition of pertinent relocatables. Also, maintaining/update of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) drawings for administrative and school facilities, including the current conversion of 2D CAD site plan and floor plan drawings of BCPS schools and administrative facilities to 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM) Revit, the maintenance of current aerial photographs of existing school sites and the Florida Inventory School Houses (FISH) data, including for all BCPS leased facilities that are 40 years or more. Detailed responsibilities include the following:
- Generating and maintaining the BCPS's Five-Year Educational Plant Survey.
- As necessary, conducting spot surveys to amend the Five-Year Educational Plant Survey.
- Generating/maintaining the Educational Specification standards for BCPS facilities.
- Issuance twice a year the FISH Capacity Report for BCPS elementary, middle, and high schools; vocational schools and centers.
- Assign to a new construction project, classroom addition project or remodeling project the FISH numbers and design description that correspond with the State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF) space criteria.
- Revising and updating BCPS's FISH database.
- Generating, revising, and updating CAD drawings and 3D BIM Revit for all schools and administrative facilities site and floor plans including relocatables.
- Providing the updated FISH floor plans and site plans drawings to the related BCPS’s department, which will contact and provide the FISH drawings to local police and fire departments in Broward County.