International Welcome Center (Parent Outreach Office)
The International Welcome Center would support newcomer families while integrating into the Broward County Public School system and community. The staff at the center is committed to assisting our students with their transition to a new school system and community by facilitating effective reception, language assessment, and appropriate placement.
- Assistance with the registration process
- Assistance in completing standard forms required for registration (i.e., lunch forms, transportation forms, health forms, code of student conduct, emergency information)
- Introduction to district procedures and information about school calendars, school hours, discipline procedures, etc.
Community Support and Resources
- General orientation on BCPS programs, community resources, health care services and social services
- Information about adult ESOL courses offered through BCPS
- Information about academic programs such as magnet, choice, etc.
- Interpretation services through the Multilingual Team of Bilingual Intake Facilitators
- Screening and identification of potential English Language Learners
- Transcript review and programmatic assessment
- Workshops and events
- Informal advising on college and career readiness