What school will my child attend?
Can my child attend a school other than the assigned school?
Yes. However, these choices are limited. For information about these programs, contact the Office of School Choice or call at (754) 321-2480.
What information do I need to register my child for school?
Students attending a Broward County Public School for the first time will need to bring the following documents to his/her assigned school.
- Two documents showing proof of residence
- A Certificate of Immunization (HRS form 680) which is available from a private physician or the Broward County Health Department;
- Proof of medical examination during the last 12 months;
- Kindergarten and first-grade students must also present a birth certificate to show proof of age;
- School records (e.g. a copy of the student's last report card);
* For more information visit Register My Child in School
How old does my child have to be to register for Kindergarten?
Students enrolling in Kindergarten must be age 5 or older, on or before September 1st.
What supplies does my child need for the beginning of the school year?
Each school has its own list of items. Parents are encouraged to contact their child's school for more information.
What are the hours of my child's school?
School hours vary. In general, elementary schools are open from 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; middle schools are open from 9:00 a.m.- 4 p.m.; and high schools are open from 7:40a.m. - 2:40 p.m. To determine the specific hours of operation, parents are urged to call the front office of their child's school or visit
Who is eligible for transportation to a Broward County Public School?
Transportation via Broward County Public School buses is provided to students living more than two (2) miles from their assigned school or if there is a safety hazard along the route to school. Parents are encouraged to call their child's school for more information or visit Transportation Services
If a student's school bus is late or misses the bus stop, call (depending on where the family lives):
Terminal Phone Numbers Terminal Routes Phone Number North Area 1000 through 1999 (754) 321-4000 Central Area 2000 through 2999 (754) 321-4480 South Area 3000 through 3999 (754) 321-4100 West Central Area 4000 through 4999 (754) 321-4150 South West Area 5000 through 5999 (754) 321-8025
How can individuals get involved in a school?
Parents and community members can get involved by participating in a number of ways. They can join the School Advisory Committee (SAC), Parent Teacher Association (PTA) or Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) or the School Advisory Forum (SAF). In addition, parents and other community members can sign up to volunteer in Broward's public schools by visiting the Office of Communications Volunteering at BCPS site for more information. Individuals interested in our Mentoring Program are urged to call (754) 321-1972.
What immunization does my child need to register in a Broward County Public School?
Keeping students in Broward County Public Schools safe from infectious diseases is very important. Before entering a Broward Public School, students must have the proper immunizations. For further information, call the Coordinated Health Services Department at (754) 321-1575. To attend a Broward County Public School, here is what a student needs:
- PHYSICAL EXAMINATION:Students must have proof of a medical examination within the last 12 months.
- IMMUNIZATION FORMS:All immunizations must be documented on an original Florida Department of Health Form 680 (Florida Certificate of Immunization).
- MINIMUM REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS: Proof of Immunization
*Since the Hepatitis B series can take up to six months to complete, it is vital to begin this process as soon as possible