Learning at a Distance
The School District is now in Phase III of a hybrid model of instruction giving families the option of continuing to receive instruction remotely, while encouraging students to return to school; especially students who are not making academic progress. The health, safety, and well-being of our employees, students, and their families remain paramount. The School District will continue to use the Canvas learning management system as our synchronous classroom and Teams for our asynchronous web conferencing tool. An emphasis is being made to return to in-class instruction, while keeping socially distant and using the Poly Studio USB Video Bar to enable remote students to participate in the in-class activities. This is a change from Phase II when instruction was delivered virtually to both in-class and remote students using the digital tools mentioned above.
For information on COVID-19 and the School District’s response, please visit browardschools.com/Coronavirus. If you are looking for activities and resources for you and your children while learning at a distance, please visit browardschools.com/learningnevercloses.
The Innovative Learning Department is an integral part of Broward County Public Schools' Learning Division within the Office of Academics, focusing on supporting and implementing innovations in teaching and learning to assist BCPS students, teachers, and administrators with transitioning to personalized learning environments. There are several units within the department: Gifted and Talented Students, Global Scholars, Instructional and Digital Materials, Instructional Technology, and Library/Media.
Innovative Learning is committed to empowering all learners to achieve their highest potential through customized learning, creativity, collaboration, and the infusion of digital tools and resources.
Through this emphasis on innovation and personalization, we see our vision coming to life: sparking creative ideas one learner at a time.
INNOVATIVE LEARNING WORKSHOP SERIES MARCH 1 – 5
Innovative Learning will be providing professional learning and webinars the week of March 1 – March 5 including the following topics:
WEBINARS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- NEW Hybrid Learning with Limited Technology
- NEW Large Audience? No Problem. Teams Live Event is Your Solution!
- NEW Let’s Get Out of Here! Virtual Field Trips from Start to Finish
- NEW How to use Curriculum Compacting to Provide Personalized Enrichment for Gifted Students
- Student Education Plans and Accommodations (SEPA) App
- Microsoft Teams Enhancements
- Getting Proficient with Mastery Connect (Secondary Science)
- Getting Proficient with Mastery Connect (Secondary Math)
- Getting Familiar with Canvas Studio
- Getting Started with Poly Studio Video Bar
- Getting to Know the Technology Integration Matrix (TIM) Webinar
- Creating Nearpod Lessons
- Getting Started with Canvas Substitutes Only
- Teams for Web Conferencing Substitutes Only
- Aligning Digital Tools to the FTEM
- Intro to OneDrive and OneNote
- DIG Deeper to Learn in ELA/Literacy K-12 Teachers
Fully Online Professional Development Options
- Nearpod Certified Educator (Jan 11-Mar 8) Tamika Nelms / Griselda Rodriguez Section# 47581 – 8 in-service points
- Nearpod Certified Educator (Feb 16-Apr 15) Ernesto Gonzalez / Lisa Paguaga Section# 36876 – 8 in-service points
- Canvas for Teachers (Feb 16-Apr 2) Ernesto Gonzalez / Samantha Krantz Section# 45269 – 16 in-service points
- Discovery Certified Educator (Feb 16-Mar 8) Paula Jasser / Miriam Selevan Section# 47584 – 8 in-service points
Professional Development Options via Webinar
- Beginner’s Guide to e-Learning (Substitutes Only – Week 4 of 4) Section#47920 – 4 in-service points
- NEW Hybrid Learning with Multiple Digital Tools Section# 48222 – 4 in-service points
Please download The day-to-day full Schedule of the Webinars
REGISTER IN LAB
Facilitators will be sending out an email from LAB with the join links to the web conference the day before the event. Look for an email from “email@example.com” All professional learning for in-service points only. Webinars are informational only.