About Policy Council
Through participation in Policy Council, parents have the opportunity to have a voice in the Head Start/Early Head Start Program.
Policy Council is a decision-making group that allows parents to have a meaningful role in programmatic decisions. Parents elected to Policy Council participate in shaping the Head Start program and policies by making decisions related to policymaking, budget, and program management. Monthly enrollment, fiscal, meal and content area reports are reviewed at each meeting.
The Program Director works closely with Policy Council to ensure the program remains in compliance. Parent engagement is promoted through parent participation in school-based Parent Committees which meet quarterly at the individual sites. Parents are able to develop skills in leadership and learn how to become involved in their child’s education.
2020-2021 Policy Council Officers
- Chairperson, Terrian Jarrett
- Vice Chairperson, Camille Plummer
- Secretary, Miki Racine
Head Start/Early Head Start Policy Council Meetings
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
2020-2021 Policy Council Virtual Meeting Dates
September 24, 2020
October 29, 2020
November 19, 2020
January 28, 2021
February 25, 2021
March 18, 2021
April 29, 2021
May 20, 2021
Meetings will be held virtually for the 2020-2021 School Year
Policy Council Reports
- August 2019 Policy Council Report
- September 2019 Policy Council Report
- October 2019 Policy Council Report
- November 2019 Policy Council Report
- December 2019 Policy Council Report
- January 2020 Policy Council Report
- February 2020 Policy Council Report
- March 2020 Policy Council Report
- April 2020 Policy Council Report
- May 2020 Policy Council Report