Head Start Eligibility
- Head Start children must be 3-or 4-years-old on or before September 1st.
- Family income must be at or below the 2019 US Department of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines to qualify for the program.
- Applications must be completed by parent/guardian ONLY.
- Children with disabilities, who meet all other requirements, are welcomed to apply.
Documents Needed To Apply
- Proof of age (child’s ORIGINAL birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of guardianship, if applicable
- Parent/guardian photo identification
- Proof of Broward County residence (domicile)
- Proof of ALL HOUSEHOLD INCOME FOR PREVIOUS CALENDAR YEAR OR PAST 12 MONTHS
Examples of acceptable income documentation for each family member
- Pay stubs with year-to-date income for full year
- W-2 Forms (previous year)
- Income Tax Form 1040 (with Schedule C if self-employed) (previous year)
- Unemployment Compensation Records
- Public Assistance records (TANF, W.A.G.E.S.) with amounts and dates received
- Notarized written statement from employer
- Retirement benefits records
- Supplemental Security Income records (SSI)
- Veterans benefits records
- Child Support/Alimony records
- Worker’s Compensation records
- Military allotment records
- Training stipends
- Grants, fellowships, scholarships
- Social Security Benefits