Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK)
In order to be eligible for the VPK Program, the following must apply:
- The child must be 4-years-old on or before September 1st of the current school year
- The child must be a resident of the State of Florida
- For free, VPK programs funded by Title I, the student must live within the boundary of the Title I school
Children with disabilities, homeless and Foster Care children, who meet the requirements above, are welcomed to apply.
When applying for the VPK Program, the following documents are required:
- Proof of age (example: child's ORIGINAL birth certificate)
- Proof of Broward County residency
- Parent’s photo identification (driver’s license, State ID, etc.)
- Parents must obtain a VPK Certificate of Eligibility. In order to do this, a valid email address is required.
- Applications for the VPK Certificate of Eligibility are submitted online through the State’s Single Point of Entry (SPE) system: https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com/
- Proof of residence and proof of age must be uploaded into the SPE system
- A VPK Certificate of Eligibility will be emailed to the applicant