Parent Outreach Office
The Parent Outreach Office provides services to bilingual parents, ESOL students and community organizations to ensure the integration of bilingual families into Broward County Public Schools (BCPS). Research shows there is a positive connection between academic success and family involvement. This website is updated frequently to provide resources to parents, students and community members in order to facilitate involvement.
There are many ways for parents to get involved in the education of their children. To learn more about local, state and federal organizations, please click here.
Find valuable information about BCPS and your schools so that you can make informed academic decisions. Information on the National and State level are also provided to parents so that they are familiar with their rights and responsibilities, such as in the No Child Left Behind Act and Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Parent Outreach Office Services:
- Assist bilingual parents and English Language Learners (ELLs) with school-related issues
- Serve as a resource to various community organizations
- Provide orientation to students and parents about the American School System and Broward County's ESOL Program
- Offer Parent Leadership Trainings
- Assist the ESOL Leadership Council with promoting increased academic achievement of ELLs
- Facilitate communication with parents in the district's top three languages: Spanish, Haitian Creole and Portuguese
- Offer high school and career orientation to parents of middle and high school students
- Collaborate with local colleges/universities to promote increased enrollment of ELLs
- Collaborate with community organizations to promote services for bilingual families and ELLs
For more information, contact us at 754-321-2951 or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org