There are many resources parents can access to assist in their children’s academic success. Below are some resources for valuable information and web sites for you and your students to enjoy.
About Your Student: Broward County Public School Resources
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) 2020-21 link
- Broward Virtual Education: Broward County students have the opportunity to take courses for high school credit taught online by Broward County teachers.
- Graduation Requirements: Find information needed for students to graduate from Broward County Public Schools.
- Registration Requirements (K-12)
- Student Online Textbooks
- The Code Book for Student Conduct
- Virtual Counselor: Check student's academic performance and school data on line. Please be advised that you will need your student's number which can be provided by contacting your school.
- Broward County Family Resource Guide 2018-2019
- Supporting Your Child After A Crisis Brochure: English, Spanish, Haitian Creole, Portuguese
- When is "SICK," TOO sick for school? Flyer: English, Spanish, Haitian Creole, Portuguese
- American Library Association - Websites for Parents and Caregivers
- Free Online Resources
- Helping ELLs Develop Reading Skills ( English, Spanish, Creole, and Portuguese )
- Information for Parents on Second Language Acquisition ( English, Spanish, Creole, and Portuguese )
- Parent Toolkit: Produced by NBC News Education Nation.
- Reading Activities for Parents and English Language Learners
- The International Children's Library: A digital library offering free e-books for kids in over 40 languages.
- Bootstrap World: A full, in-school curriculum and software package that teaches children to program their own video games using purely algebraic concepts.
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
- Rhyme Zone Dictionary
- Sign Language Dictionary
- Broward Immigrant Families: Resources for Broward County Immigrant families.
- Bridging Refugee Youth and Children's Services (BRYCS) is a national technical assistance program working to broaden the scope of information and collaboration among service providers in order to strengthen services to refugee children, youth, and their families.
Raising Teens In A New Country