Students who are visually impaired are eligible for services if: the student has an eye report from a doctor stating that the student has low vision, has a progressive vision loss or is blind and there is a documented educational need according to the eligibility criteria of the state of Florida.
Services provided include:
- A certified teacher of the visually impaired
- A certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- Braille transcription of educational materials
- Access to specialized equipment for the access of educational materials
- Instruction in the Expanded Core Curriculum