Autism Spectrum Disorder Services
The current enrollment of ASD students in Broward County Public Schools is over 4,800 or about 14% of our total Students with Disability population. These numbers continue to grow each year in proportion to the world wide ratio of 1 in every 66 individuals.
The majority of students with ASD attend their neighborhood school and are provided instruction and related services in the general education setting. The district also provides instruction and related services through our special programs for ASD, specialized varying exceptionality classes (SVE), secondary transition support models, special day schools and other settings.
- Curriculum support to teachers and support staff
- Information and assistance for families new to Broward County Public Schools
- Autism awareness and advocacy
- Program design and development
- Staff development and technical support to schools