Magnet Programs are open to qualified students throughout the state of Florida. All students entering grades K-12 may apply. Students must be five years old by September 1st to enter kindergarten. All students will demonstrate good conduct. At the secondary level, academic/talent entrance criteria have been established for admission to each Magnet Program as a means of promoting student success. Learn more about the academic requirements for middle and high school students.
The School Board of Broward County is committed to providing settings for education that promote understanding of diversity, tolerance and fair play, so that the positive tenets of a democratic society are reinforced by what students experience in schools. In the Broward County Public Schools, diversity is broadly defined to include students of different genders, of different racial and ethnic backgrounds, of various socioeconomic circumstances, those who speak English as a second language, and those who have exceptional and special needs.
- Before completing a magnet application, you will need to ensure that your child has a student identification number with Broward County Public Schools. You may secure the identification number from your child's home boundary school or any public school in Broward County.
- Faxed or incomplete applications will NOT be processed. Only one application per student will be accepted. Applications received or postmarked after February 5, 2020 will be processed at a later date pending space availability.
- Students applying to kindergarten must be five years old by September 1st.
- All Middle School and High School applicants must provide a copy of most recent FSA test scores by mail, fax, or email. If FSA scores are not available, applicants must provide nationally recognized standardized test scores in reading and mathematics.
- All Middle School and High School applicants must submit a copy of their most recent report card by mail, fax, or email.
All report cards and FSA test scores can be submitted by mail, fax, or email:
Broward County Public Schools
Office of School Choice
600 SE 3RD Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
The next opportunity to apply for a magnet program begins May 1, 2020.