BCPS STAFF WITH PERSONNEL NUMBERS TRAINING
All BCPS school-based and district staff with personnel numbers are required to complete the annual Anti-Bullying Policy 5.9 Staff Training. It is recommended the course be taken individually, but if principals pre-approve group completion, staff may do so.
THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR DUE DATES
- Staff course completion: October 18, 2021. Each course will retain one open section throughout the 2021-2022 school year for new hires, employees returning from leave, etc.
- Principal certification: BCPS principals (not directors) will receive an email in October with a link to electronically certify completion of all Policy 5.9 mandates via KickUp by November 1, 2021. Principals/directors will certify staff completion by tracking it in LAB. Directions for accessing completion records are in the Generating a Course Completion Report for Administrators using the Staff Dashboard instructions.
TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING
Individual Completion Option (most common): Broward County Public School employees with personnel numbers will access the training by registering for the course in Learning Across Broward (LAB) and completing all course requirements in Canvas by October 18, 2021.
Follow the instructions below:
- On the LAB homepage, locate the Required Learning channel. Mandatory compliance course requirements are listed under the Required Learning channel for users.
- Register for SBBC Anti-Bullying Policy 21-22 (Course Number 39133184) by clicking on a course name then selecting any open section listed for the course. If the sections appear full, click the View All Sections button in the bottom right corner.
- Once registered, select the Courses tab located at the top of the LAB page and click on the course title in the My Courses channel.
- Once the course title is selected, the Canvas course will open.
- Once logged into Canvas, follow the instructions to successfully complete the course and receive credit in LAB. You must take the course individually and 1) read and view all the content in order, and 2) complete the quiz and receive 100% (all questions correct), including the submission of the course acknowledgment question #6.
NOTE: Use a laptop or desktop to take this course, not a phone or tablet.
- A LAB survey is NOT REQUIRED for this course and a certificate is not generated in Canvas, but in LAB on the Transcript page.
- Proof of course completion and a certificate will be available in each participant's LAB transcript 48 hours after successfully completing it. To access your LAB transcript, log into LAB, and click the Transcript tab. Administrators will track your completion within LAB.
Group Completion Option: When group completion is pre-approved and preferred by a principal/district supervisor, follow the instructions below to ensure each participant receives credit in LAB for successfully completing their annual training requirements. The principal/supervisor will:
- Provide a sign-in sheet for participants and ensure all participants enter their full names and Broward personnel numbers (p#). The sign-in sheet must include the following: date, time, location, participants' full names and Broward p#s.
- Access the course and project it to the group.
- Upon completion, the administrator will 1) create an EXCEL spreadsheet only containing the name and full 8-digit Broward personnel number of each completer (P00012345), 2) label the sheet using the following naming format “ANTI-BULLYING TRAINING 21/22 - SCHOOL NAME” in the subject line to ensure proper routing, then 3) email it to email@example.com.
- Participants may view the completed training on their LAB transcript within 2 weeks of the submission of the electronic sign-in sheet.
CHARTER STAFF OR STAFF WITH NO PERSONNEL NUMBERS TRAINING
All charter school staff or external staff without personnel numbers are required to complete the annual Anti-Bullying Policy 5.9 Staff Training by the due date. It is recommended the course be taken individually, but if principals pre-approve group completion, staff may do so.
Charter principals shall complete all requirements by their due dates and be able to provide proof of completion upon request.
THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR DUE DATES
- Staff course completion: October 18, 2021
- Principal proof of completion: Principals will collect all staff’s proof of completion by November 1, 2021. If the individual completion option is chosen, in the form of proof is each staff’s completed quiz. Staff must score 80% (4 out of 5) on the quiz they submit. The answer key for the quiz is located in the SC&D Charter HUB, only accessible to charter school principals. Group completion proof is the completed sign-in sheet (see below directions).
TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING
Individual Completion Option (most common)
- Download this quiz and complete it as you view Broward County Public School’s Anti-Bullying Policy 5.9 Staff Training video located at BCPS’s Eduvision: https://becon.eduvision.tv/Share.aspx?q=3SfVi13wT7RIqyJxcidX2A%253d%253d.
- Check the box with the correct answer on the quiz questions and submit it (electronically or via hard copy) to your administrator/principal by October 18, 2021. Retain a copy for your records.
- To successfully complete the training module, you must score 80% (4 out of 5 correct) and sign the quiz to certify that you completed the course and quiz individually.
Group Completion Option: When group completion is pre-approved and preferred by a principal, follow the instructions below to ensure each participant receives credit for successfully completing the annual training requirements.
The principal will:
- Provide a sign-in sheet for participants. The sign-in sheet must include the following: date, time, location, and each participant’s full name.
- Download the training video and project it to the group.
- Retain the original completed sign-in sheet for each staff member’s proof of completion.
All students in grades K-12 must receive this annual training by October 18, 2021. The course is structured to be one, 30-45 minute classroom lesson.
Principals will create a plan to administer the training to all their students – for example, have all 1st period teachers provide it to their classes. Principals must then certify by November 1, 2021, that all policy mandates were met.
DIRECTIONS FOR BCPS SCHOOLS
- Instructors teaching the student training module will click on the Canvas link to access the lesson. Teachers will then project and teach the lesson to the class.
- Principals must certify by November 1, 2021, how and when the lessons were taught to all students. BCPS principals will receive an email in October with the KickUp electronic certification link.
- Optional Booster Expansion Lesson: It is recommended schools choose to enhance their violence prevention efforts by teaching the optional expansion lesson located in Canvas, 1-2 weeks following the training module.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
- Instructors teaching the student training module will download the video lesson, then project and teach it to the class.
- Charter principals will collect and retain proof of completion by November 1, 2021. Charter principals will determine the proof of completion method – for example, student sign-in sheets, a student survey, an implementation schedule, etc.
- Optional Booster Expansion Lesson: It is recommended schools choose to enhance their violence prevention efforts by teaching this optional expansion lesson, 1-2 weeks following the training module.
To meet the requirements of SBBC Anti-Bullying Policy 5.9, principals must make the parent video training module available via multiple methods to all parents with students in grades K-12 by October 18, 2021. Some suggested methods are to post the link on the school's website, play it at parent association meetings, or send the link home in an email.
Principals must certify by November 1, 2021, how and when the training was made available:
- BCPS principals will receive an email in October with a link to electronically certify completion in KickUp.
- Charter principals will collect and retain proof of availability to be provided upon request.
To access the parent training module: Download and share the training video or click on the video below to watch it.
INVESTIGATIVE DESIGNEE TRAINING
Principals/directors must designate an administrator to act as the school/department’s bullying Investigative Designee (ID). The ID receives and investigates all bullying complaints. Per Anti-Bullying Policy 5.9, IDs are required to successfully complete the annual ID training.
Each bullying ID must complete the required annual training individually by October 18, 2021.
- BCPS administrative IDs with personnel numbers must enroll and successfully complete the face-to-face training if available, by registering in LAB for the district's annual Administrative Discipline Training. If face-to-face training is no longer available, click on and register for the Canvas course, Investigative Designee Anti-Bullying Policy 5.9 Training Module 2021-22. IDs must score 80% (8 out of 10) on the course quiz to successfully complete the training. Once you have successfully completed the course, go to "Course Progress" and print the screen (Ctrl P) and provide it to your principal/director as proof of successful completion.
- Charter school administrative IDs or staff without BCPS personnel numbers are to download the training video and quiz. View the Anti-Bullying Policy 5.9 Charter Investigative Designee Training 2021-22 training video while completing the quiz. IDs must score 80% (8 out of 10) to successfully complete the training. IDs are to provide the course quiz to their principal/director and retain a copy for their records.
Principals must certify by November 1, 2021, their ID staff successfully completed the annual mandatory training:
- BCPS principals will receive an email in October with a link to electronically certify completion in KickUp. If the ID registered in LAB and took the face-to-face training, BCPS principals will track staff completion in LAB. Directions for accessing completion records are in the Generating a Course Completion Report for Administrators using the Staff Dashboard instructions. If face-to-face was not available and the ID took the Canvas course, the principal will collect a screen shot of the Course Progress screen showing successful completion, 8 out of 10 (or 80%).
- Charter principals will track ID completion by collecting the staff's quiz. IDs must score 80% (8 out of 10) to successfully complete the training. Retain these records as proof of completion.
PREVENTION LIAISON TRAINING
The District’s comprehensive Anti-Bullying Policy 5.9 helps to ensure all of BCPS students feel safe and respected while attending school. Key to this goal is the Policy’s requirement that each and every school have a Prevention Liaison or PL. Each year, principals designate their school's PL.
The Prevention Liaison is responsible for the dissemination of prevention curriculum related to the strands of prevention such as diversity, violence prevention, substance abuse prevention, instructional strategies, health and wellness, as well as MTSS Academic and Behavioral Supports. The Prevention Liaisons receive yearly face to face trainings administered by this department. Contact our department if you have any questions.
SUPPORT GROUP METHOD OF INTERVENTION
The Support Group Method (SGM) of Bullying Intervention does not replace, but complements a school’s anti-bullying policy and code of conduct discipline matrix. The SGM bullying intervention is an easily utilized tool that can be embedded into your school-wide efforts in a sustainable way. Incorporate SGM into school safety teams or have it used by individuals such as school counselors, peer counseling teachers, administrators, or before/after school care workers.
The success of any intervention method relies on effective training, fidelity of process, school-wide integration, documentation, and evaluation. So if your school is interested in being trained on SGM, watch the SGM Instructional video and contact us for further information.
- BCPS staff GO TO OUR SGM FOLDER FOR FORMS and the VIDEO.
- Charter staff have their administrator download it from their SC&D Charter Hub.