Human Trafficking Prevention
(Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF)
DPI works to prevent all forms of violence including human trafficking. We do that by using a multi-tiered prevention and intervention framework as seen in this BCPS Human Trafficking Services form. Did you know sex trafficking victims, on average, are first exploited by the age of 13? Did you know that Florida ranks in the top three in terms of numbers of people enslaved? Download and watch this video then share it with your students to learn more. Look below the surface and recognize victims of human trafficking are among the people you see every day - maids, factory workers, construction, farming, landscaping, hotel/tourist industries, panhandling, janitorial services, restaurant service - everywhere!
Reporting Suspected Trafficking
If you think you have encountered a victim of human trafficking, call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center, HOTLINE 1-888-373-7888, open 24 hours a day/7 days a week – interpreters are available. In cases of emergency, call 911.
If you suspect child trafficking, you can also call 1-800-96-ABUSE.
Other reporting resources:
Resources and Links
Please Note: A program or website being mentioned here does not imply endorsement by the School Board of Broward County and does not necessarily reflect its views. Contact the program developers directly for the most current information.
- Abolish Campaign provides aimed at Broward County from the Junior League – Brochure, Flyer, Infomercial #1, Infomercial #2, PSA video.
- Anti-Slavery International (ASI)
- Look Beneath the Surface, Office on Trafficking in Persons identifies and serves victims of human trafficking, assisting foreign trafficking victims in the United States to become eligible for public benefits and services to the same extent as refugees. The program also raises awareness of human trafficking through the HHS Rescue & Restore Victims of Human Trafficking campaign. Order free “Look Beneath The Surface” posters and other materials here.
- Blue Campaign's website offers comprehensive resources available for public distribution.
- Humane Education
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center
- NCJRS, US Dept. of Justice
- Not For Sale
- Polaris Project
- Youth for Human Rights offers free curriculum and videos.