BCPS STAFF WITH PERSONNEL NUMBERS TRAINING
All BCPS school-based staff with personnel numbers who have students in grades 6-12 are required to complete the annual Dating Violence Prevention Policy 5010 Staff Training by the due date. It is recommended the course be taken individually, but if principals pre-approve group completion, staff may do so.
THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR DUE DATES
- Staff course completion: October 18, 2021. Each course will retain one open section throughout the 2021-2022 school year for new hires, employees returning from leave, etc.
- Principal certification: BCPS principals will receive an email in October with a link to electronically certify completion of all Policy 5010 mandates via KickUp by November 1, 2021. Principals/directors will certify staff completion by tracking it in LAB. Directions for accessing completion records are in the Generating a Course Completion Report for Administrators using the Staff Dashboard instructions.
TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING
Individual Completion Option (most common): Broward County Public School employees with personnel numbers, who are based in schools serving students in grades 6-12, will access the training by registering for the course in Learning Across Broward (LAB) and completing all course requirements in Canvas by October 18, 2021.
Follow the instructions below:
- On the LAB homepage, locate the Required Learning channel. Mandatory compliance course requirements are listed under the Required Learning channel for users.
- Register for Student Dating Violence Policy 21-22 (Course Number 39133183) by clicking on a course name then selecting any open section listed for the course. If the sections appear full, click the View All Sections button in the bottom right corner.
- Once registered, select the Courses tab located at the top of the LAB page and click on the course title in the My Courses channel.
- Once the course title is selected, the Canvas course will open.
- Once logged into Canvas, follow the instructions to successfully complete the course and receive credit in LAB. You must take the course individually and 1) read and view all the content in order, and 2) complete the quiz and receive 100% (all questions correct), including the submission of the course acknowledgment question #6.
NOTE: Use a laptop or desktop to take this course, not a phone or tablet.
- A LAB survey is NOT REQUIRED for this course and a certificate is not generated in Canvas, but in LAB on the Transcript page.
- Proof of course completion and a certificate will be available in each participant's LAB transcript 48 hours after successfully completing it. To access your LAB transcript, log into LAB, and click the Transcript tab. Administrators will track your completion within LAB.
Group Completion Option: When group completion is pre-approved and preferred by a principal/district supervisor, follow the instructions below to ensure each participant receives credit in LAB for successfully completing their annual training requirements. The principal/supervisor will:
- Provide a sign-in sheet for participants and ensure all participants enter their full names and Broward personnel numbers (p#). The sign-in sheet must include the following: date, time, location, participants' full names and Broward p#s.
- Access the course and project it to the group.
- Upon completion, the administrator will 1) create an EXCEL spreadsheet only containing the name and full 8-digit Broward personnel number of each completer (P00012345), 2) label the sheet using the following naming format “DATING VIOLENCE TRAINING 21/22 - SCHOOL NAME” in the subject line to ensure proper routing, then 3) email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants may view the completed training on their LAB transcript within 2 weeks of the submission of the electronic sign-in sheet.
CHARTER STAFF OR STAFF WITH NO PERSONNEL NUMBERS TRAINING
All charter school staff or external staff without personnel numbers who work in schools with students in grades 6-12 are required to complete the annual Student Dating Violence Policy 5010 Staff Training by the due date. It is recommended the course be taken individually, but if principals pre-approve group completion, staff may do so.
Charter principals shall complete all requirements by their due dates and be able to provide proof of completion upon request.
THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR DUE DATES
- Staff course completion: October 18, 2021
- Principal proof of completion: Principals will collect all staff’s proof of completion by November 1, 2021. If the individual completion option is chosen, in the form of proof is each staff’s completed quiz. Staff must score 80% (4 out of 5) on the quiz they submit. The answer key for the quiz is located in the SC&D Charter HUB, only accessible to charter school principals. Group completion proof is the completed sign-in sheet (see below directions).
TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING
Individual Completion Option (most common)
- Download this quiz and complete it as you view Broward County Public School’s Student Dating Violence Policy 5010 Staff Training video located at BCPS’s Eduvision: https://becon.eduvision.tv/Share.aspx?q=3SfVi13wT7QCzYv8WJo38g%253d%253d
- Check the box with the correct answer on the quiz questions and submit it (electronically or via hard copy) to your administrator/principal by October 18, 2021. Retain a copy for your records.
- To successfully complete the training module, you must score 80% (4 out of 5 correct) and sign the quiz to certify that you completed the course and quiz individually.
Group Completion Option: When group completion is pre-approved and preferred by a principal, follow the instructions below to ensure each participant receives credit for successfully completing the annual training requirements.
The principal will:
- Provide a sign-in sheet for participants. The sign-in sheet must include the following: date, time, location, and each participant’s full name.
- Go to https://becon.eduvision.tv/Share.aspx?q=3SfVi13wT7QCzYv8WJo38g%253d%253d and project the training video to the group.
- Retain the original completed sign-in sheet for each staff member’s proof of completion.
All students in grades 6-12 must receive this annual training by September 18, 2020.
The course is structured to be one, 30-45 minute classroom lesson. Principals will create a plan to administer the training to all their students – for example have all 1st period teachers provide it to their classes. Instructors teaching the student training module will click on the appropriate link below to access the training in Canvas. Teachers will then project the lesson to the class, while using the script located in the Files section of the course.
Principals must certify how and when the lessons were taught. BCPS principals will receive an email in September with a link to electronically certify completion in KickUp by 11/01/20. Charter principals will collect and retain proof of completion to be provided upon request.
Click on the links below to access the student training modules:
- GRADES 6-8 STUDENT POLICY 5010 TRAINING MODULE (Canvas course #658848)
- GRADES 9-12 STUDENT POLICY 5010 TRAINING MODULE (Canvas course #660196)
Optional Booster Expansion Lesson: It is recommended you choose to enhance your violence prevention efforts by teaching the optional expansion lesson (located in Canvas) within the weeks following this training module.
Meet the parent requirements of SBBC Dating Violence Policy 5010 by making this training module available via multiple methods to all parents with students in grades 6-12 by September 18, 2020. Some suggested methods of delivery are to post the link on the school's website, play it at a parent association meetings, or send its link home in an email.
The parent training is the Dating Matters Understanding Teen Dating Violence Prevention 60-minute, interactive online training designed to help educators, youth-serving organizations, and parents understand the risk factors and warning signs associated with teen dating violence.
Principals must certify how and when the training was made available. BCPS principals will receive an email in September with a link to electronically certify completion via KickUp by 11/01/20. Charter principals will collect and retain proof of availability to be provided upon request.
To view or share the parent training:
- BCPS staff and administrators go to Canvas Course #660200, The 2019-20 PARENT TRAINING MODULE.
- Charter staff and community members can go directly to the website housing the Dating Matters Understanding Teen Dating Violence Prevention online course.
INVESTIGATIVE DESIGNEE TRAINING
In accordance with Policy 5010, each school with students in grades 6-12 has an dating violence Investigative Designee (ID) who is designated by the school Principal. The ID must be an administrator and is responsible for receiving and investigating all dating violence reports, as well as insuring school-wide adherence to Policy requirements.
Each dating violence ID must complete the required annual training individually by October 18, 2020. Principals must certify their ID staff successfully completed the annual mandatory training:
- BCPS principals will receive an email in September with a link to electronically certify completion in KickUp by 11/01/20. If the ID registered in LAB and took the face-to-face training, BCPS principals will track staff completion in LAB. Instructions for accessing completion records in LAB are in the Mandatory Compliance Report for Principals (Tutorial). If face-to-face was not available and the ID took the Canvas course, the principal will have been provided a screen shot of the Course Progress screen showing successful completion - 7 out of 10 (or 70%).
- Charter principals will track ID completion by collecting the staff's Brainshark Certificates of Completion. They will retain these records as proof of completion to be provided upon request.
Click on the appropriate ID training link below:
- BCPS administrative ID for students in grades 6-12 with P-Codes (personnel numbers) must enroll and successfully complete the training. If face-to-face trainings are available, the ID registers in LAB for the district's annual Administrative Discipline Training, attends it, and completes all follow up requirements. If face-to-face training is not longer available, click on and register for the Canvas course, Investigative Designee Dating Violence Training Module, course #881759. After the ID successfully completes the Canvas course, go to "Course Progress" and print the screen (Ctrl P), then provide it to the principal as proof of successful completion.
- Charter school administrative ID for students in grades 6-12 WITHOUT P-Codes take the Brainshark Training, Policy 5010 Dating Violence ID Training for Charter Staff 2020-21. IDs will provide the Brainshark Certificate of Completion to the principal as proof of completion.
DATING MATTERS ONLINE COURSE
The 60 minute, Dating Matters Understanding Teen Dating Violence Prevention Online Course is a free, online course available to educators, school personnel, youth mentors, and others dedicated to improving teen health. In it you can follow a school administrator throughout his day as he highlights what teen dating violence is and how to prevent it through graphic novel scenarios, interactive exercises, and information gathered from leading experts.