Choose Peace/Stop Violence
(Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF)
Choose Peace/Stop Violence is both an annual observance and a comprehensive three-year initiative to educate, engage and empower youth to take action to prevent bullying and youth violence, foster social justice awareness, create safe and violence-free environments, as well as improve school climate and academic performance. Both use research-based Positive Community Norms marketing that focuses on creating safe and violence free environments where peace and inclusivity are celebrated.
This year's Choose Peace dates are September 19-23, 2022. Choose Peace Across Broward Day is September 21. Access resources and learn how to celebrate in the below drop-downs. Register now to grow the positive in your school and promote positive norms. To learn more, view the School Board of Broward County Choose Peace Across Broward Day Resolution.
Choose Peace/Stop Violence Week 2022 Activities
Join us and wear GREEN on Peace Across Broward Day, September 21. Green represents hope and peace, to grow and uncover the positive in our schools and communities. We are encouraging the entire community to join us throughout the week in our “ALL▪4▪PEACE” activities. Further details of each activity can be found on the United Way Choose Peace website.
This year's Choose Peace activities:
- Choose Peace Activity Guide 2022
- Choose Peace Week Flyer 2022
- A Minute of Silence Flyer 2022
- Chalk4Peace Flyer 2022
- Choose Peace Poster Contest 2022
- Imagine Peace Wish Flyer 2022
- Kindness Card Template 2022
- Peace Pledge Template 2022
- Planting the Seeds of Peace Pledge 2022
- How to Create a Peace Garden Program 2022
- Peace Across Broward Day 2022
- Pinwheel for Peace Template
Choose Peace Poster Contest
This observance kicks-off with an annual Choose Peace poster contest. View the Choose Peace Poster Contest 2022 Guideliens and create a poster with this year's theme, “Build Peace. Grow Positive Norms.” The theme is about celebrating, growing, and uncovering the positive in our schools and communities.
Congratulations to our 2021-2022 Choose Peace Poster Contest winners!
Additional Choose Peace Week Resources
- Activism 4 Peace
- Activities & Activity Guides: Choose Peace week 2021 Activity Guide, Choose Peace Activity Guide, Choose Peace Week Activity Guide 2020-21, District-Wide, High School, Middle School, Choose Peace Week Activities Guide, The 2013 School Activities, The 2014 Choose Peace Activities Guide
- Brag Bucks
- Chalk 4 Peace
- Chalk For Peace Activity Directions
- Climate Activities for Peace
- Community 4 Peace
- Contests 4 Peace
- Exercise 4 Peace
- Gift of Peace Cards for Schools
- How To Create A Peace Garden
- Imagine Peace Wish Tree flyer
- Meditate 4 Peace
- CPSV Message Development Tips
- Pay It Forward Form
- Peace Across Broward Day
- Peace Pledge Agents of Change Challenge
- Peace Poem Contest
- Peace Tree Project Directions
- Peace Vision Board
- Planting the Seeds of Peace Pledge
- Shaping Peace Together Activity Guide
- Student Pledge
- Tic Tac Toe 4 Peace
- Video from 2012 Choose Peace Week
- Wishes 4 Peace
- Words of Peace
Community Resources and Activities
- Gift of Peace Cards for Adults
- Peace Tree Flyer – It Starts with You Today
- What Families Can Do to Prevent Youth Violence
- Choose Peace Parent Guide
- Eve on the porch
- Eve on the porch-registration
More about the Choose Peace/Stop Violence Program
Choose Peace/Stop Violence (CPSV) Program is a comprehensive three year initiative using the science of the positive to change norms and transform cultures to create healthier, safer communities. The PCN framework educates, engages, and empowers youth to take action to prevent bullying and youth violence, foster social justice awareness, create safe and violence-free environments, as well as improve school climate and academic performance.
CPSV is a peer-led initiative that uses the researched strategies of Positive Community Norms/Social Norms Marketing. The program works to influence and move students’ perceptions and behavior from negative to positive though the accurate marketing of what is “normal” or “typical” behavior for their community. The initiative promotes peace, positive change, social emotional learning competencies (self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, self-awareness and responsible decision-making). In addition, it fosters resiliency and how to deal with life challenges in order to achieve academic success.
Learn more with the BCPS Choose Peace/Stop Violence Program Toolkit.